TODAY.AZ / World news

Iran’s crude oil export to Italy hits new record

09 January 2017 [10:45] - TODAY.AZ
By  Trend


Iran has been exporting 230,000 barrels of crude oil to Italy on a daily basis in November 2016, which is a new record, the National Iranian Oil Company's OPEC Affairs and International Energy Forums Office said.

Iran’s crude oil export to the Italian companies stood at 160,000 barrels per day in October 2016.

Iran has recently signed a one-year contract with Italy’s Eni to sell 60,000-100,000 barrels of crude oil per day to the Italian company, starting from 2017.

Safar Ali Keramati, deputy director of National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) for crude marketing and operations said last month that that 14.5 percent from total value of the exported crude will be used to clear the debts to Eni due to its investments in phases 1 and 2 of Darkhovein oil field development project, meanwhile the remaining 85.5 percent will be paid to Iran in cash.

Besides Eni, Iran has signed an oil export deal with Italian energy provider Saras.

The volume of crude which is sold to Italy’s Saras varies from 30,000 to 60,000 barrels per day.

URL: http://www.today.az/news/regions/157555.html

Print version

Views: 1004

Connect with us. Get latest news and updates.

Recommend news to friend

  • Your name:
  • Your e-mail:
  • Friend's name:
  • Friend's e-mail: