It's official, Friday the 13th is not a nice day for a white wedding.
Michelle Moore and Daniel Joyce decided to pay no attention to superstition when they decided to tie the knot on the most unlucky day in the British calendar.
But they are now ruing that choice after they endured a string of misfortunes at their big summer event. Instead of a fairytale wedding the day ended up more like a horror story as a marquee collapsed in torrential rain and there was a fire drama at the reception.
A three-month-old guest was also rushed to hospital following a severe allergic reaction.
The trouble began two days before the ceremony on Saturday when the marquee to host the reception was put up in the garden of Michelle’s mother Viv.
The family went to St John’s Church, Rhosymedre, North Wales, for a wedding rehearsal but on their return they found torrential rain had caused the marquee to collapse and come down on tables, chairs, cutlery, glasses and handmade napkins.
After hours of searching, the reception was switched to the George Edwards Hall in nearby Cefn Mawr.
The service went without a hitch, but afterwards another disaster struck.
Three-month-old Naomi Roberts - Mrs Moore’s niece - suddenly broke out in purple blotches and had swelling on her legs and stomach.
Mrs Moore said: 'It was terrible and meant the following day we were desperately trying to find a new venue for the reception.
'We had been able to salvage items from the collapsed marquee and so moved that into the hall, we got a lot of help from people who were there.
'We were all on tenterhooks waiting to hear how Naomi was.
'After about an hour-and-a-half we got a call to say doctors thought she had suffered an allergic reaction, possibly to a spray on the wedding flowers, but would be okay.
'That was brilliant news. It meant we were all able to relax and enjoy ourselves.'
But the wedding had one last twist to deliver.
Half an hour after the disco started smoke began to come out of an amplifier on the dancefloor.
Mrs Moore added: 'We didn’t need to evacuate, but there was a horrible smell. The DJ quickly arranged for another amplifier.'
Despite the tribulations, 19-year-old Michelle was determined to enjoy her day as she married 24-year-old Daniel, who she met in a park in Essex.
She said: 'My mum put in so much hard work to prepare for the wedding and I was so upset for her when the marquee collapsed.
'But everyone had an amazing time and the hall was brilliant.'/dailymail.co.uk/