TODAY.AZ / World news

Trump, Abe hold phone conversation over North Korea missile launch

07 March 2017 [10:47] - TODAY.AZ

By  Trend


US President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe have held a phone conversation on Tuesday regarding North Korea's mid-range ballistic missile launches, Sputnik reported.

Trump and Abe were supposed to discuss a possible response to the recent missile tests conducted by Pyongyang, international broadcast service NHK reported on Monday evening.

"President Trump told me that the United States was with Japan 100 percent, and that he wanted his comments to be communicated to the Japanese people," Abe said at his residence. "He said he wanted us to trust him as well as the United States 100 percent."

Trump and Abe have also agreed that the DPRK actions were a breach of UN security resolution.

Earlier on Monday, the US Department of Defense confirmed that North Korea fired four ballistic missiles, and three landed in Japan’s exclusive economic zone, triggering a negative reaction from Tokyo and its allies.

Abe told reporters that he did not rule out further North Korean provocations, against which the Japanese government should collaborate with its closest allies, the report read. The prime minister noted that Japan is now seeking information on how high and far the projectiles went by sharing information with the US and South Korean militaries.

The North Korean government has not commented on the missile tests.

URL: http://www.today.az/news/regions/159226.html

Print version

Views: 1034

Connect with us. Get latest news and updates.

Recommend news to friend

  • Your name:
  • Your e-mail:
  • Friend's name:
  • Friend's e-mail: