TODAY.AZ / Business

Food Products’ Procurement and Supply Company to export products to Qatar

30 August 2017 [18:24] - TODAY.AZ

By Azernews


By Amina Nazarli

The state-owned Food Products’ Procurement and Supply Company has received a "certificate of origin" through the Export Promotion Center "One Window" for the export of agricultural products to Qatar.

Food Products’ Procurement and Supply OJSC, which has been established by the Presidential Order, carries out purchase of food products considered for procurement from producers and sellers, and deliver them to state enterprises and organizations.

The document covers export of such products as potatoes, onions, beets, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, eggplant, garlic, lemons and tomatoes.

Company representative Nijat Rahimli said that the company intends to continue to implement export procedures through the Export Promotion Center "One Window".

The company has already received orders for the export of apples, carrots, tomatoes, onions and nuts through the portal Azexport.az. Currently, the company is negotiating on placing its products on the Amazon website through the portal Azexport.az.

The state retains a 51 percent stake in the Food Products’ Procurement and Supply Company, while it is ready to transfer the remaining 49 percent to other investors through transactions on the stock exchange.

Among main objectives of the company are stimulating production and processing of agricultural output, creation of a basis for the social wellbeing of population residing in regions of the country and engaged in agriculture, provision of centralized state purchases of food stuff, holding monitoring on each type of product, etc.

State organizations (law enforcement agencies, army, penitentiary system, social enterprises) currently procure food and agricultural products on the account of the state budget, while big volumes of financial means are allocated from the state budget to provide these state organizations with food stuff.  The establishment of the company allows to direct the funds to local entrepreneurs. 

Moreover, most farmers were not able to sell their products, while the consumers were forced to pay expensive price for it, while the difference in prices, by which products are sold directly in the field and to the final consumer, is about 3-5 times. The decision is also aimed at elimination of the problem.

URL: http://www.today.az/news/business/164555.html

Print version

Views: 1065

Connect with us. Get latest news and updates.

Recommend news to friend

  • Your name:
  • Your e-mail:
  • Friend's name:
  • Friend's e-mail: