Roughly 106 people in Azerbaijan came to hospital with the diagnosis of snake-bite since April, 2012, chief of Clinical Medical Center’s toxicological department Azer Magsudov told APA.
To him, one died as a result of snake-biting this year. She was 18-year-old Shaki region resident: ‘At present, 3 patients are hospitalized and 2 of them are in grave condition’.
Magsudov addressed the population: ‘Be watchful while being engaged in agricultural works. If it is possible, use gloves. Persons, who rest in the nature, must be careful, too. Snake slots are situated mainly in silent places, under the trees, inside the bushes. It is necessary to apply emergency medical assistance immediately after the snake bite’.