Today.Az » Society » 89.7% of schoolchildren in Baku have mobile phone
19 April 2005 [13:57] - Today.Az
Yesterday the campaign "Days of fighting against the Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)" of Monitoring Foundation of Azerbaijan Ecological Standards was put an end in the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Recourses.
The expert of the Foundation Irade Yagubova said that Azerbaijan joined the campaign of International of fighting days against GMO for the first time which has beeen held for 9 years in the world from April 1 till 15.In the frame of the campaign meetings were conducted with the schoolchildren of Baku, they were informed of GMO the product of biotechnologies and possible risks as the result of use of it, food security. Meetings were held in schools # 134, 132, 7, 8, 160, 11 and in college in the frame of the campaign. The associates of the foundation held poll among the schoolchildren, made speeches through displaying slides and video clips.
The results of the poll showed that, the majority (99.5%) has no information about the products containing GMO and GMO almost everyone (98.2%) wants the products to be marked about GMO. According to the result of questioning about the food they prefer when they are hungry, 39.3% prefer home meal/ butter- bread, 49.1% doner/hamburger, 11.6% chips. When thirsty 60.3% of the schoolchildren drink "Coca-Cola ","Fanta"and etc, 27.4% have fruit juices, stewed fruit , 12.3% drink tea or coffee. Only 4.6% of the schoolchildren don't chew 52.3% chew less than one box of chewing gum, 43.1% a box and more.
While buying food, 51.6% base on their experience, 10.1% on their friend's advice, 13.5% on the packing of the product, and 24.8% on advertisement. Most of the schoolchildren (89.7%) have mobile phone. To the question "Why do you need the mobile phone" 48.8% said that they get it because of being in style, the rest (51.2%) for the sake of comforting their parents.
84.6% of the schoolchildren use Internet.97.8% of them uses it for Internet games, 16.3% for getting news, and 14.6% for getting the needed information for their lessons.