TODAY.AZ / Society

Consul general about Azerbaijanis possibly injured in Istanbul blast

01 November 2010 [14:07] - TODAY.AZ
There were no Azerbaijani citizens among the list of individuals injured in the recent terrorist attack in Turkey, Azerbaijani Consul General in Istanbul Hasan Zeynalov said.
"According to the authorities, one Japanese citizen was injured in the attack," he said. "There were no Azerbaijani citizens among those injured."

About 32 people were injured in an explosion on Sunday at a police post near Taksim Square in Istanbul, Istanbul Governor Avni Mutlu was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti. Previously, Ukrinform reported that Azerbaijanis were among those injured, citing Ukrainian Deputy Foreign Minister Ruslan Demchenko.

"According to the Ukrainian Consulate General in Istanbul, one Greek, one Iranian and two Azerbaijani citizens were among the injured," Demchenko said.

The names of 25 of the 32 injured individuals were released on Sunday. Twelve are police officers and 13 are civilians.

The Azerbaijani Embassy in Turkey is investigating the possible presence of Azerbaijani citizens among the injured. The embassy is working with local law enforcement agencies and other relevant bodies to see if any Azerbaijani citizens were injured in the attack, the embassy said.


/Trend/


Related articles:

Eyewitnesses of Istanbul bomb tell of panic - PHOTOS

Turkish PM condemns bomb attack in Istanbul
URL: http://www.today.az/news/society/75914.html

Print version

Views: 1203

Connect with us. Get latest news and updates.

Recommend news to friend

  • Your name:
  • Your e-mail:
  • Friend's name:
  • Friend's e-mail: